Beef Rolades - Recipe from Hanka's Table cookbook
1. Salt and pepper each patty lightly. In the center of each, place a slice of onion, a trip of bacon, a strip of cheese, and a strip of pickle. Add more pepper.
2. Roll each patty around its filling and close with the toothpick or tie together with thread.
3. Place the flour in the shallow dish. Roll each rolade in flour until it is completely covered with a thin layer.
4. Coat a bottom of a large skillet with oil, and place it over high heat; brown the rolades on all sides.
5. In a separate pot over medium heat, saute the diced onion in vegetable oil until golden. Reduce the heat to low and add a browned rolades and the bay leaf. Cover and simmer.
6.Using the frying pan in which the rolades were browned, heat a stock until it bubbles. Pour the hot stock into a pot with the rolades and simmer over low heat until tender, about 2 hours. Check occasionally to see if you should add some water. Make sure the rolades do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
7.Remove the rolades from the heat, remove the bay leaf, stir in the sour cream, and check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary.Good luck!
This recipe and the photograph were provided by Hanka Sawka. Visit Hanka's website.
Check Polish food Recipes and Polish food stores & link to online sites with recipes in Polish Culture. Look at Polish Cooking Books and Recipes Store. Check also articles about Herbs, Fruit and Vegetables in Polish Cuisine and about the history of Polish food.
The SITE MAP contains all articles classified according to the topic.